Preparation time: 1.5 - 2 hours
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut the butternut pumpkin in half from stem to base. Remove seeds and the surrounding pulp but leave the pumpkin meat intact. Drizzle with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover each half with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, foil side up, for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and puree in a blender. Strain to remove any remaining
stringy pieces. Season to taste.
- Spoon pumpkin puree into scallop shell or onto a decorative plate as the base for a seared scallop.
Related Serving Suggestions: