Serves: 4 - 6
- 6 - 8 new potatoes
- Crème fraiche – 1 pot, 100g
- Caviar – 50g
- Finely chopped small red onion
- Coarse salt
- Mini salad or herb leaves
Boil the new potatoes until just tender. Let cool.
- Slice the potatoes in half across the middle and trim the rounded end flat, allowing the potato half to stand up straight.
- Arrange onto a serving plate. Support the base with coarse salt if needed.
- Spoon 1 tsp. of crème fraiche onto the centre of each potato half.
- Spoon a little chopped red onion onto the crème fraiche.
- Open a tin of caviar and, using a Mother of Pearl spoon, add a spoonful of caviar on top of the crème fraiche and red onion.
Garnish with mini salad or herb leaves.