Serves: 4 - 6
- 6 fresh oysters
- Caviar – 50g
- Lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Coarse salt
- Mini salad or herb leaves
- Shuck the oysters and drain the oyster liquor.
- Slide a knife beneath the oysters to free them from the half shell but do not remove.
- Layer a bed of coarse salt onto a serving plate to support the shells and garnish with seaweed.
- Arrange the oysters in their shells on top of the salt and seaweed.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice onto the oysters and provide more lemon wedges if desired.
- Open a tin of caviar and, using a Mother of Pearl spoon, add a spoonful of caviar on top of the oysters.
Garnish with mini salad or herb leaves.