Serves: 4 - 6
- 6 - 12 fresh scallops
- Caviar – 50g
- Pumpkin puree – 200ml
- Coarse salt
- Edible flowers
- Mini salad or herb leaves
Prepare the pumpkin puree.
- Shuck the scallops and drain any liquor.
- Slide a knife beneath the scallops to free them from the half shell and remove. Wash and dry the half shell.
Prepare and sear the scallops.
- Layer some coarse salt onto a serving plate to support the half shells.
- Spoon some pumpkin puree into the half shell and gently place the scallop in the middle.
- Open a tin of caviar and, using a Mother of Pearl spoon, add a spoonful of caviar on top of the scallops.
Garnish the scallops with mini salad or herb leaves, and edible flowers.