Preparation time: 1 - 2 hours
Cooking time: < 10 minutes
- Dissolve 5g of yeast in 75ml of room temperature milk.
- Put 75g of buckwheat flour into a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour in the yeast and milk mixture, whisk into the flour and then let the mixture stand somewhere warm for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, warm another 50ml of milk and whisk in 1 egg yolk. Add this mixture to the first and combine well before leaving to stand for an additional 45 minutes.
- Whisk the egg white to form stiff peaks and then fold gently into the mixture. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Lightly oil a large frying pan and heat gently. Add small amounts of the mixture to the pan to make individual blinis and gently cook on each side for about 1-2 minutes, until they are lightly golden.
Related Serving Suggestions: